The University of Kansas licenses Kaltura, a video streaming solution, so that KU Faculty, Students, and Staff can create and deliver multimedia content. KU’s learning management system (Blackboard) integrates with Kaltura. Also available, is MediaHub, where KU users have a private YouTube-like repository to post and share video content.
|Using MediaHub||Description||Link to Text Step-by-Step||Link to Video Walkthrough|
|Login to MediaHub||How to access your MediaHub account to start uploading and managing your video content||click here||click here|
|Upload Media Files to MediaHub||How to upload your video content from your computer, to your MediaHub account.||click here||click here|
|Share Media Files from MediaHub||How to deliver your uploaded content to your viewers, using MediaHub's Share tab.||click here||click here|
|Searching for Media Files in MediaHub||How to search your personal MediaHub to find previously-uploaded content.||click here||click here|
|Deleting your Media Files from MediaHub||How to remove video content from your MediaHub account.||click here||click here|
|Tagging Your Media Files in MediaHub||How to organize and tag your content so that it's easise to find specific video files.||click here||click here|
Kaltura Uploads (Share Audio and Video Files)
Kaltura Express Capture (Webcam Recordings)
- Create a webcam recording (click for video)
- Good for brief updates using your webcam, like weekly announcements and check-ins.
- Used often for student recording of speeches, assigment content and demonstrations.
- Can be accessed from text editor, so instructors could use for video feedback on assignments.
Kaltura Capture (Record Presentation from Your Computer)
- Create a PowerPoint or Screen Capture recording (click for details | click for video)
- Annotation tools built-in to recording application.
- Presentation content or website walkthroughs - anything you can dispaly onscreen.
- Kaltura Capture can be used by students, as well as Faculty, in MediaHub. Then share with instructor in Blackboard assignment.
Additional Kaltura Features and Information
- Kaltura's Video Editor: edit your video online, after recording and/or uploading. (click for video)
- Captioning in Kaltura: all videos in Kaltura are have machine-generated captions automatically added. Those captions will include errors, and are not considered accessible until you edit them for accuracy. You can edit your captions with an online captions interface. (click for details)
- Video Creation Strategies with Network Challenges in Mind: With our cloud solutions seeing unprecedented network and system traffic, here are some best practices for recording and sharing video content during the COVID-19 situation. (click for details)