KU IT's Media Production Studio provides studio space, workstations, and software for faculty, staff and students to shoot, edit and produce digital projects. Whether you're an instructor producing content for a course or an aspiring filmmaker needing access to a video-editing suite, we're here to help.
Who can use the Media Production Studio?
KU faculty, staff and students are all welcome. We have solutions and tools that cater to faculty instructional needs. We also offer solutions and tools for students of all disciplines to complete creative projects—both academic and personal.
What can I do at the Media Production Studio?
MPS provides full production support for your projects. You can plan, capture and edit your project using our recording spaces and post-production workstations. Our resources include:
- Apple's Final Cut Pro X, Compressor, Motion and iMovie for video editing, compositing and compression
- Adobe's Creative Cloud, including Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more
- Audacity and Garageband for audio editing
- Camtasia for screen capture software
- Sound booth for audio recording
- Recording studio suitable to record lectures, speeches or interviews
- A green screen for chroma key sequences
- A "lightboard" to attractively capture instructional board work
What services does the Media Production Studio provide?
Knowledgeable MPS staff are available weekdays from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to assist you with your projects. Stop by our front desk with your questions or requests. Additionally, the studio oversees a number of IT and multimedia services at no charge, including:
- Administration, support and training for KU's enterprise multimedia services (e.g., Media Hub (Kaltura), Blackboard Collaborate, VoiceThread, iTunes U)
- Classroom and Event videotaping services
- Capture assistance in our spaces (i.e., sound booth, recording studio)
- Collaboration with the Center for Online and Distance Learning (CODL) to support media production for online instructional materials
- Support of departments and programs with production and delivery of their multimedia projects
- Software and hardware purchasing consultation
- Accessibility production assistance (Closed-Captioning)
What software is installed on MPS workstations?
Media Production Studio has nine workstations that are available any time the Budig Computer Lab » is open.
All MPS workstations include the following software:
|Video||Audio||On-Screen Recording & Editing||Photo/Design|
Adobe Creative Cloud:
▪ Camtasia for Mac