Zoom Update Host Only Sharing Settings
On March 26, 2020, Zoom released an update to the default screen sharing settings for Education accounts (including KU’s), in an effort to increase security and privacy for meetings.
This update changed the default sharing setting to “Host Only” at the account level. This setting gives hosts the sole permission to share content within their meetings by default.
Hosts still have the ability to allow participants to share their screen during a meeting and edit their default settings to allow participants to share in all meetings.
Zoom March 2020 Update Announcement
- Click arrow next to Share Screen
- Click Advanced Sharing Options.
- Click the radio button for All Participants.
- Sign in to the KU Zoom Video Conferencing web portal with your KU Online ID.
- In the navigation panel, click Settings.
- Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the option for All Participants.