Zoom Update: "Host Only" Sharing Settings
On March 26, 2020, Zoom released an update to the default screen sharing settings for Education accounts (including KU’s), in an effort to increase security and privacy for meetings.
This update changed the default sharing setting to “Host Only” at the account level. This setting gives hosts the sole permission to share content within their meetings by default.
Allow Zoom Participants to Share their Screen (in-meeting setting for one meeting)
- Click arrow next to Share Screen
- Click Advanced Sharing Options.
- Click the radio button for All Participants.
Allow Zoom Participants to Share their Screen (in all my meetings - change my default meeting preferences)
- Sign in to the http://kansas.zoom.us web portal with your KU Online ID.
- In the navigation panel, click Settings.
- Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the option for All Participants.